PS LIGHTWAVE strategically invested in a premium-quality, native Ethernet infrastructure to provide the greatest protection and redundancy for customers while minimizing losses in connectivity.
This native Ethernet utilizes optical fiber transmitted in a switched Layer 2 environment—an infrastructure that offers greater reliability, faster speeds and higher data density.
PS LIGHTWAVE’s switched Layer 2 environment provides greater Ethernet redundancy through its 50-60 data rings located throughout the high-speed network in the Greater Houston Area. These optical data rings ensure a protected switched fabric through a diverse secondary path between nodes, so even if there’s a break in the primary pathway on one of these protected rings, your connection will still be fully operational with less than 100 milliseconds of loss.
Benefits of PS LIGHTWAVE Ethernet Network:
- Switched fabric for better connectivity
- Low latency & hops for fewer service disruptions
- Burstability for more bandwidth and greater scalability
- Dedicated network secured using best practices
- Core network redundancy & reliability with ring protection
- Superior network with 100% optical fiber backbone
- 24/7 support with a local NOC